Sunday, September 30, 2007

Starcraft = Amazing

I started playing Starcraft today. I have to say that it is very addicting. As addicting for me now as Star Wars: Rebellion was for me back in the day. I think I played Starcraft for about 5 hours today at the very least, taking a break only for lunch. Pathetic, I know.

It's difficult to understand exactly why it is so addicting. Maybe it is because of its futuristic ideas or maybe it is because the other two guys at my house got addicted first. Whichever it is, I am going to have to find a way to stop playing it for excessive amounts of time or else it will just plain consume me completely. I'll probably turn into a Zerg or something.

I have also gotten sort of re-addicted to Age of Empires: Rise of Rome, but I have figured out the cheats for this one (and by "figured out" I mean I searched for them on Google) so anytime it gets a little boring, all I do is put in the cheat to get me the car that goes around shooting missiles, and then it kills the game for me because I just spent 2 hours setting up this huge society but didn't feel like going and ruining the other 7 societies that were pitted against me.

Also: NHL 08 for PS2 is better than I first thought, but not by much. They practically copied the gameplay part of it from 06 and changed the rosters, controls and music. Plus you have to go and find a code on the internet that will allow you to get the new jerseys for this year. It's still a fun game to play. NHL 2004 was still the best NHL game made by EA Sports, aside from NHL '95.